Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome to Georgia

So I am feeling bad for myself again and decided writing about it might help me deal with it!  Earlier today I was unpacking boxes in the basement and heard a dripping noise, only to discover water leaking.  I go upstairs and the only thing I can think is that we just got the washing machine hooked up (after 2 hours of trying to set it up and change out the 3 prong plug for a 4 prong dryer plug) and I have been doing laundry all day.  I call Paul to let him know and then discover our hallway upstairs is also full of water.  Being a little slow, I attribute this to the clothes I had drying on a drying rack (wishful thinking).  Awhile passes and I decide to open the bathroom door...yuck is all I have to say.  I then realize nothing is draining in the house and everything is bubbling.  I then wonder if something went wrong when they hooked our house up to the sewer since it was previously on septic.  After the sewer guy came out and assured us it was not because of his work we called several plumbers and finally found one guys who would come out tonight.  Don't worry it only costs $175 per hour and he is almost at the end of hour 2.  I feel like we can never get ahead, this is the most frustrating part for me!  Always throwing money away, there goes any home improvement project I hoped to complete in the next couple of months...He has been snaking the lines for quite awhile now and the problem can't be reached so now he is digging a whole in our yard to get the snake to the problem area. 

The plumber says he sees this problem all the time when old residence leave because when they clean they put stuff in the toilet that doesn't belong.  Then it sits for weeks before the new owners move in and it causes a big problem.  Thanks a lot old owners is all I have to say to you!  I know I have much to be grateful for and this is a small problem in the grand scheme of things, but seriously, could we get a better start our here in Georgia????? Please......

Yes that is our toilet in the hallway

The plumber told me to take a picture of this because it shows that they did not install the toilet correctly, I wonder what else they did not do correctly...

While this is very cheesy, it made me smile.  In the midst of the snaking I was trying to clean things to keep my mind of how upset I was and I was scrubbing an earlier mess and look what came out:  a smiley face :) 







Sorry for being such a big complainer, I think it's just part of my nature!

3 comments:

  1. You my darling are not a complainer. I'm sorry for all the troubles- you will catch a break soon! I sometimes wonder about being a home owner... Even buying new we had TONS of problems (and still are having them- our roofing is falling apart, or rather wasn't properly installed to begin with, and our ceiling is stained/leaking because of it). Wait, that probably doesn't make you feel better...;) But seriously- it's better than dumping rent money to someone else right? And I do love your house!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry about that! How terrible. Just get all the bad over with now! I'm sure things will start to look up! The smiley face is a sign of good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't give much reassurance because I don't have a home of my own, but I think you will catch a break!

    ReplyDelete