Sunday, May 16, 2010

8 Month Update

Hayden is 8 months old today and I made a list of all the things she is doing and enjoying, hopefully she'll enjoy reading this someday! Sorry, but I will probably be using the word "loves" and "likes" a lot.

1) Loves to sit, but now instead of falling backwards when she gets tired, she will go to her tummy and then flip to her back where she is comfortable
2) Still basically immobile, refer to #1. If there is a toy out of reach she will just chalk up her losses and go for one she can get. Although she does scoot backwards sometimes
3) Likes to growl and arch her back like she is about to fight
4) Not a picky eater at all. She will eat anything I give her and loves playing with her spoon when she is done eating
5) Sleeps about 11 1/2 to 12 hours at night now
6) Although #5 is great she always wakes up about 45 minutes to an hour after she first falls asleep screaming bloody murder. We wonder if she is having a nightmare. Anyway, we have to go calm her down and then she is out for the night.
7) Loves splashing, standing, and sucking on her wash cloth in her tummy tub
8) Just recently started saying "da, da, da, da"
9) Loves playing on our bed and looking at the sheets
10) Just like her daddy, she likes moving her feet in a circular motion all the time. She also giggles when I pretend to eat her feet
11) Likes all kinds of straps and tags
12) Loves to be standing and holding on to things
13) Hates the aspirator, but what child doesn't right?
14) When I nurse her I cannot talk on the phone or read. She will pull at my book until I stop and not eat if I am talking to someone. She wants all the attention on her!
15) Likes to sleep with a lamp on all night. If I try to turn it off she wakes up
16) Loves grocery shopping, seriously I think it's her favorite thing to do during the week. I carry her in the baby bjorn while she looks at all the cool stuff. She also usually has a produce bag in her hand. If I stop too long in one location she gets antsy and starts kicking her feet and whimpering
17) Likes looking at new people's faces. In church today she got bored with me in Relief Society and wanted my friend next to me, when she got bored there she went to the next woman and kept going down the row. She also loved their jewelry, especially the shiny stuff.
18) Obsessed with hair and mouths. Wants to grab them ALL the time
19) Likes grabbing Paul's whole head and pulling it down
20) Enjoys listening to any kind of music, it always calms her down as well as walks, jogs, bike rides, and the vacuum cleaner.
21) Still thinks her hands are awesome. If I catch her looking at them in awe she usually stops and looks at me like, "what, I wasn't doing anything."
22) Started sticking her lower jaw out and exposing her two little teeth.
23) Loves paper
24) Her head sweats like a champ

It is so fun to see her little personality coming out and to know that she has preferences now. Love you Hayden!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE!!!! I love to hear how she is coming along and the different things she is learning and doing! It must be so fun to see her discover and try new things everyday! Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete