Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good/Bad News

Paul went on alert yesterday and found out that he will be going back to "the shop." This means that instead of pulling 6-7 alerts a month, he will only pull 2 alerts and the rest of the time he will have a normal 7:30 am to 4:30 pm job. He will conduct training rides and other training I believe. This is really good for the following reasons 1) He will usually have weekends off and actually be able to attend church again 2) It is a good career progression and will help him get to a good next assignment and 3) He will be home at night and I won't have to be alone with Hayden. But no situation is perfect here's the reasons I am not excited about this switch 1) Hayden will need to be at the babysitters every Tuesday and Thursday (before Paul was home on these days at least half the month) 2) We will not be able to save as much of my pay check because it will go towards childcare now 3) Paul would sometimes have a week off at a time because he pulled all his alerts and did his training at the beginning of the month, it was nice to have him home during the day and 4) I was really excited to enjoy the summer and go biking or just get out during the day with him on his days off, but now he will be at work.

So while I am proud of him for going back to the shop, I am sad about it too. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment