Monday, May 3, 2010

Allergies

Hayden has had a round dry spot on her torso for the past couple of weeks and I kept thinking it would just go away with the application of aquaphor. Then a couple more appeared on her front and back. So today I finally took her to the clinic. I had read about eczema and it did not sound like she had that. The Dr. agreed with me and believes she is developing allergies! How sad! I am still nursing her which I was hoping would prevent this, but she will probably get my crappy genes anyway. My allergies have caused me so many problems, I hope that hers are not as bad. It's sad to think that your imperfections have to be passed on to the next generation. Anyway, they also weighed her, she is 17 lbs 8 oz. Also I asked about why she sweats so much (seriously, she is a sweater) despite keeping our house at 65 degrees and the Dr. said it is most likely due to a high metabolism. So that will be nice for her in the future!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I were born with a high metabolism! She is one lucky little kiddo! As for the allergies...that's a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dilan has eczema and hives and her face is red all the time. I am going to take her in as well. we've been applying aquaphor and other creams the pediatrician gave us but I think we need something stronger. David has eczema and had it bad as a kid too - he feels so guilty for passing it on. I know Dilan has allergies too but I'm not sure what age you can test them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty sweats too! Sorry about the allergies though. I need to call you soon! I wish we could come to Utah this month and see you guys!

    ReplyDelete