Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trip Home

Shannon and Hayden at the reception center


My brothers Sean on left and Ian on right


My sister Michelle and her husband Jared (aren't our bridesmaid dressed cute!)


Hayden sadly couldn't eat the lamb at Lamb's grill, but she enjoyed her own lunch!
Paul and I actually woke up at 5:30 am on Friday morning and we were on the road by 6 am. Hayden did great the whole drive to my surprise. I was nervous because Paul and I drove separately and I knew I could not entertain her at all for the whole 6 hour drive. She slept until about 9:30 am and then we stopped for breakfast and to feed Hayden her breakfast. Then about 20 minutes after we left Sonic she was asleep again until we got to Park City. Anyway, I'm grateful the drive went so smoothly and that she is such a good baby. She has been doing great with all the new faces and being off her normal routine.
My sister Shannon's wedding went great. She looked beautiful with her hair all curled, makeup done, and dress. They had their wedding luncheon at Lamb's Grill which is the oldest restaurant in Salt Lake City. Paul and I had never been there, so it was a neat experience. We walked to the restaurant from the Temple and got caught in a crazy hail/sleet storm with about two blocks to go! It was freezing but Hayden was just laughing as Paul sprinted her stroller across the streets. That night the reception was at Le Jardin which was an indoor greenhouse. It was also beautiful. They had Cold Stone cater the dessert. Paul and my brother in law Jared went to town that night!
The next morning we met all my cousins and grandpa for breakfast at IHOP and visited with them until they went back to Southern Utah. Unbeknowst to me, Hayden had her first taste of whipped cream thanks to my grandpa! Once I realized why she kept trying to get to him it was too late. But I guess that's just the paranoia of a first time mom. My 92 year old grandpa has had problems with his heart recently and everyone was worried he would not make it, so I was so happy to be able to see him again and having Hayden play with him.
Today it SNOWED!!! We escape Cheyenne, Wyoming, only to be met with frigid weather here! I hope it gets warmer so we can get outside more. Hayden loves my families chocolate lab Sasha and jumping on the trampoline.

2 comments:

  1. I agree it was so great to see you and your family. Your little girl is adorable and I love your family picture at the top of your blog. I'm excited to keep in touch. I would have been just as paranoid about the whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your Grandpa was able to hold Hayden was well. And who else would you like to feed her her first taste of whipped cream?! I think that's great!
    I can't wait to see the pictures from Shannon's wedding!

    ReplyDelete