Thursday, November 11, 2010

2 Days Into House Hunting

We flew out on Tuesday night and Hayden loved the airport.  So many interesting people and things to look at.  She felt so grown up walking around our gate until we were ready to board.  Of course the seats we chose when purchasing our tickets did not have a window, so she kept trying to leap forward or backwards to get a view out the window.  She also kept switching back and forth from Paul's seat to mine, so that got a little old, but she really did a great job on the 1 1/2 hour flight.  The lady in front of us said that she forgot there was a baby behind her, so that made us feel good!

I was really worried about her sleeping in the hotel because she did not sleep well at all on the drive out to Indiana or when we went to see my friend in Louisville.  But this hotel had a crib (much smaller though) and I brought her sheets and bumper and she actually slept all night!!!  I really have to attribute this success to my Heavenly Father because I have been praying about what to do with all the traveling we are doing these next few months and got this inspiration. So glade I listened!

Hayden loves riding the elevators up and down and smiles big each time.  She loves walking in and out just like us.

House hunting is always stressful, but after 2 days we have 4-5 homes we really do like.  It is just hard I wish I could put all the things I love about all the houses into one, but it just doesn't work that way unfortunately.  So we'll see how it all goes.  There are tons of short sales here which we just have to pass on because of the long process.  So many of those homes are beautiful! Most of the homes we like and are in our price range are red brick and not very modern looking on the outside, but have beautiful hardwood and updates on the inside.

Anyway, that's all for now, hope the next 2 days go as well and we can put an offer in shortly.

Hayden at the airport playing with my camera case

No comments:

Post a Comment