Friday, November 5, 2010

My Girly Girl

Last night my friend from college Liz volunteered to babysit Hayden so that Paul and I could have a date night.  Let's just say it was a much needed night!  We haven't done anything just the two of us since early August.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory so that Paul could get his once yearly pumpkin cheesecake. 

Anyway, while I was getting ready I could see Hayden admiring my bracelet and I remembered that my sister-in-law Emily had given her one at my baby shower.  So I found it and attached it to her wrist.  She was so excited to have her very own bracelet and looked at it for hours!!!  Liz said that she would be walking around and then look down at her bracelet and just stop and stare at it for a bit and then continue on her way.  She was pretty sad when I took it off for bed time and it was the first thing she looked for this morning when we got her dressed for the day.  Too cute!  She even let me put a bow in her hair today which she has not let me do for months now.  Do I have a girly girl on my hands?  One things for sure, she does love the bling!

One realization I had last night is that Hayden as inextricably changed the way my mind works forever!  I will always have a small worry about her well-being in the back of my mind when we are apart.  Now I understand why my mom leaves this message for me when we haven't spoken in awhile: "Kristine I hope you are ok, I haven't heard from you..."  I knew she was in good hands, but I still was thinking of her from time to time hoping that she was being good and hoping that Liz knew what to do with her.  I guess most moms are always hoping the best for their children their whole lives.


Hayden last night checking it out


I tried all morning to get a good picture in her cute outfit and bracelet but she kept moving!  So I'm sorry for the blurred scary face!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful,sweet, little girl. I miss her so much. Its good to know that she likes the bling. We'll have make sure she has plenty! I love you all. Let us know how house hunting goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. Maybe next time I'll get a girl!

    LUCKY you to have someone to watch her for you! (not jealous... really.:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Fun to have a girly girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! No oversize Bambi shirts for this girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, she is getting so big. They do such fun stuff at the age. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete