Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Dentist Appointment

Hayden's first dentist appointment was yesterday November 15, 2010.  I tried to get her in earlier but the dentists wife went into labor the day of her appointment.  Hayden thought everything in the room was so cool until it came time to do her exam and cleaning!  They had her lie on my lap with her legs on me and her head of a foam board.  I had to hold down her arms while the hygienist cleaned her teeth.  She was pretty terrified to say the least.  But the dentist said her teeth are looking great and gave her an excellent rating on her report card!  She has 10 teeth and 10 more to go.

She does have larger gum tissue between her front teeth which may have to be lasered off at some point.  My dad said that this is common in his family so we'll see if Hayden will need this done as well.  The dentist said that this can make breastfeeding more difficult as well, so I wonder if that was another part of the problem.  He said now that I am aware of it, when I have future children to look for that to be removed after birth to make nursing go smoother.  Glad I know that now! 

Hayden carried around her new toothbrush all day yesterday and was so mad when I took it from her after brushing her teeth at night to go to bed.  Glad I am getting her used to the dentist at an early age!

Again another fuzzy shot of Hayden carrying around her toothbrush and welcome bag

2 comments:

  1. I love that she carried the toothbrush around all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is getting a good start to her oral hygiene! What a good girl! I wonder if Cole has been to the dentist. I'm sure he has...I just haven't heard about it yet.

    ReplyDelete