Friday, July 10, 2015

Unexpected Blessing!

One of the reasons moving to Omaha was really hard was leaving our infertility clinic in Atlanta and all our embryos.  I spoke with my doctor and nurses and they said that most couples who move just fly back for the transfer when they are ready for another baby.  So that's what we planned on. We were thinking that around September I'd fly out and transfer an embryo for our last baby.  I stopped nursing Reid in December and in January I decided that I should stop taking the birth control that helps prevent my endometreosis from spreading because hey, you never know, there was a slim chance it just might work...But we never thought it would!  We were prepared to go through another round of IVF early fall.

Well in March I realized that I was pretty late and then had a few other pregnancy symptoms start occurring.  This happened so many times when we were trying for our 2nd child...and I was never really pregnant.  So I thought that this was more of the same and kept putting off taking a test.  Then one day (March 24th) I felt slightly nauseous and I thought, "I'd better take a test to prove to myself that I'm not!"  I was so nervous as I awaited the results and within seconds two dark lines appeared...


I was in complete and utter shock!  This was earlier than we wanted, but what in the world????  All that time trying for Reid and all the infertility treatment all the way to IVF.  I was happy, scared, shocked, excited, all of the above.  Paul was working from home and I ran to his office and showed him the test.  He kept saying, "What is this, what does this mean?" As I laughed, cried and shook!!!

Anyway a few days later full blown nausea had begun, thus the reason I am so far behind on my blog.  Life went into survival mode.  I am now almost 21 weeks and just barely feeling the energy to live a normal life again and not throwing up throughout the day anymore.  I HATE the beginning of pregnancy, it's been rough with all 3.  But we have been grateful and still bewildered that this worked out and we can't wait to find out the gender in 3 days!  We feel grateful that we don't have to go through IVF again and even though these two babies will be closer than I am comfortable with, I know it will all work out in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment