Sunday, April 18, 2010

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

Today my sister Michelle and I decided to meet half way in Denver since her husband is still in training in Alabama and Paul went fly fishing for the day. Hayden and I left about 10 am and shopped most of the day. She is such a little trooper. She loved looking around at everyone and of course all the cool lights. Everyone commented on what a cute happy baby she was. Michelle and I were successful and found shoes for our bridesmaid dress for Shannon's upcoming wedding! We are also going to be daring and bought leggins to wear. Hayden did not sleep much at all today and so I figured she would sleep the whole drive home. Well she slept about an hour and when she woke up, she really was not happy. She was done with sitting. Some of you may know that her favorite song is Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. As usual, right when I started to sing it she calmed right down. The only problem was that I couldn't stop singing it! I sang that song for 25 minutes straight! So funny, I tried switching songs but she wouldn't have it, all she wanted to hear was the familiar tune.

5 comments:

  1. Silly! "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree"! What a great song! :)
    On Easter Sunday I sang "Here Comes Peter Cottontail", probably about 40 times to keep Cole happy. If I stopped he would look at me and say "hippidy, hoppidy", like he was saying...keep singing! It was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that sounds kinda like me. If I have a favorite song I will listen to it on repeat for hours and then days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crazy things moms have to do! You need that song on cd unless she just likes hearing your voice. So funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for weddings! Yay for cute dresses and Hip-Hip for smashing leggins! I just got my tickets Friday, can wait to see you all!!

    ReplyDelete