Monday, October 4, 2010

12 Month Check-Up

We are a little late getting Hayden's 12 month check-up because I had to wait to get our insurance cards and then once I got some recommendations on pediatricians out here they all had long waits!  But I am happy with the office we have chosen.  Also we don't have to pay co-pays for prevention appointments so that is nice.  Still getting used to "normal" insurance.  They have walk-in hours on Saturday and Sunday if Hayden gets sick and it was a nice environment.  The only annoying part is that with our insurance I have to go to a separate place to get her immunizations.  So mumps and polio will have to wait for a few more days!

The doctor said Hayden is meeting all developmental milestones and that we have nothing to be worried about at this point.  That is always nice to hear.  She reassured my worries about her accepting new foods only to reject them later and temper tantrums, all normal apparently. They also tested her blood for lead exposure and anemia and both came out fine. 

Here are her stats for October 4, 2010:

Weight: 21.5 lbs   54%
Length:  30 inches 71%
Head:    47 cm       91%

Anyone who knows Paul knows how concerned he is about his daughters inheriting his large head.  He was pretty distraught about this percentile.  The doctor wasn't worried and my mom informed me that my siblings and I were high on the charts as well due to our head shape.  My mom loves all of her children's head shapes and Hayden got it as well.  I never thought much more about it until the doctor today said what a great head shape she had for a baby and talked about the different types and why hers is a good one.  Too funny.  I had to include that because I knew my mom would love to hear that!  I don't know how much you can really read into the percentiles but the doctor said, "it looks like she'll be tall" so Paul was happy about that at least!

2 comments:

  1. It is great to hear that Hayden is good and healthy. I believe she is just perfect in every way. I also think that she has a beautiful shaped head. The shape is wonderful, no dips, dents, or flats. All of the boys in our family can shave their heads without concern because of that too. No worries there. I love you guys and sure do miss you. You are all the best of the best. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so funny about head shapes in your family. Hayden is beautiful and healthy and that is wonderful news!
    As far as the dr. goes, I just got both kids their flu shots before this baby comes and feel like that is a major accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete