Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Car washes and Tornadoes

I thought I was leaving behind the glorious world of tornadoes in Cheyenne, but apparently they happen out here in Indiana too!  This morning the sky was completely black and the clouds were doing all kinds of crazy things.  I got that eerie feeling that I had seen skies like this before.  So I turned on the news only to find we were under a tornado warning.  The weather man said to expect 40 mph wind and rain in 30 seconds and 30 seconds later it sounded like our apartment was being shot by automatic machine guns!!!  I think watching the news just made me more worried. In Cheyenne I was usually at work during the warnings so we would go down to the basement and chat during the storm.  But this time I had to listen to the weather man tell us over and over again to get to a basement, how refreshing to know that I was on the 3rd floor of our apartment building and the only place I had to go to was the tub!

The rain hitting the windows and the sound of the howling wind kind of freaked Hayden out but I think only because yesterday I decided she would enjoy going through the automatic car wash.  She recently started enjoying the vacuum cleaner again, so I thought she would love the car wash.  Needless to say she was terrified of the car wash and the tornado weather definitely mirrored the car wash experience for poor Hayden.  She cried out during her afternoon nap today a couple of times so I'm sure she was having nightmares!!!  We are safe and sound, but it was a crazy morning.

2 comments:

  1. Those storms rolled thru the STL last night, but they weren't nearly so strong. Didn't even wake us. Sorry to have sent them your way! :) ~Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is crazy Kristine! Poor Hayden, first traumatized by the car wash, then the tornado warning! I hope she wasn't having nightmares!

    ReplyDelete