Friday, October 15, 2010

Stuckey Farm

I am so happy to be blogging again!  Unfortunately our monitor died over a week ago.  I took it to a repair shop, but it would cost more to fix than it was worth.  It's been an expensive month: new computer monitor, new car seat, reordered my allergy serum ($250), and $500 registration fee for our car (thanks a lot Wyoming!!!)

Enough of my complaining, we have done some fun things the past few weeks.  On October 6th, Rachel (woman from church who brought me pie after we first moved in) invited Hayden and I to go with her to Stuckey Farms to pick apples and look at pumpkins. We took a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch.  Here is Rachel with her pumpkin. 


Hayden loved the tractor and on the way back I let her out of the bjorn to hold on by herself.  I know you can barely see her face in this picture, but I love it because I can hear the funny sound she is making with her lips.  



All Hayden wants to do when we go places is show off her walking.  It's okay at a place like this, but Target it has become quite a problem!  She was pretty curious about all the pumpkins out on display.


This is the best picture I could get of Hayden eating her apple.  She was moving all around and would not look at me.  


Hayden decided she wanted to drive the tractor for awhile.  


I brought home Fuji apples to eat and McIntosh to bake!  This is a Bavarian Apple Torte and it was delicious.  It made our house smell absolutely wonderful.  


It was a fun morning despite Hayden's constant protests to get down and walk.  The farm is only about 15 minutes from our house so I'm sure we'll go back with Paul in the near future.  I also bought some delicious jam and apple cider from their little store.  Great little place!

No comments:

Post a Comment