Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Family

One great thing about our move to the South is that we are within driving distance to 2 of Paul's 5 brothers.  Russ and his family live in Oxford, Mississippi (where Ole Miss is located) and his brother Scott and his family live in Jackson, Mississippi.  So this past weekend we decided to go and visit.  Paul was even able to leave earlier because he had a sales call he could do in Oxford.  We headed out Thursday afternoon and got to Oxford that night (about a 5 hour drive).  Russ took us to a great Japanese restaurant where they cook all the food right in front of you and put on quite the show.  Hayden loved seeing all the fire and watching him throw eggs around.  

The next day I stayed home with Hayden and my nephew Quincy.  He is about 3 years old and kept us very busy.  It was a small glimpse into what life will look like for me in the future!  Hayden had fun taking a bath with Quincy and playing with him all day long.  Russ had to work and his wife Heidi was at a conference in Florida and also took their youngest son.  That night, Paul's mom flew in and we went out to eat at another fantastic place.  The next day we got the tour of Oxford and went shopping in the downtown square and drove around the Ole Miss. 

 Quincy, Cooper, Garret & Hayden

Sunday we headed to Jackson so that we could watch our nephew Tate be baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I was so happy we could be a part of this family event and that we could show our support to Tate and his family.  His sister Tylie even sang a solo at the baptism and did such a good job. 

Hayden had so much fun with her cousins and especially liked playing with her oldest cousin Garrett.  He turned 8 not to long ago and was such a good older cousin to her.  He pushed her in cars and found toys for her to play with, what a good kid!  Hayden slept great at Russ and Heidi's house because they had a crib she could sleep in.  That is the key.  All she asks for is a roomy crib to sleep it!  But she did get sick from the trip sadly and now has a rash all over her body.  It is just a virus and I guess they are often accompanied by rashes I was told by my sister-in-law Heidi who is a doctor.  Anyway, her poor legs, back and arms are covered in bumps and she has a cough and runny nose.  Never fun.   It is crazy how much you worry about your child when they are sick. 

I'm sure there will be many more trips to Mississippi, thank goodness for family.

 Tate and Uncle Scott

 Grady, Tate, Cooper, Garret & Hayden (she was not very happy when I set her down as you can see)


 Hayden's sweet cousins gave her an extra car like this and she has LOVED it!

 Playing at her cousins

What a cute bunch!

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed at how devout you are of keeping your blog current. I don't think I'd be as diligent as you are. I'm glad you got to see your family. Whenever I do go on a trip anywhere, it's pretty much for that reason, to see family of some sort. Though one woman I worked with said that if it involves family, it's not a vacation. Well, in that case I haven't been on one for years. In fact, my spring break coming up I'm heading out to Texas...........to see family. Sigh. Well, cuts down on the travel costs as far as I usually have a free place to stay.

    ReplyDelete