Monday, February 21, 2011

YMCA

Paul and I are trying out a free trial week of working-out at the YMCA.  There is one about 3 miles from our house and one close to Paul's office as well.  I don't know why but I always thought YMCAs were for underprivileged people, but this is not the case.  It is more like a community center.  They have a great pool and I am so excited to start swimming again.

This is perfect for Paul because he can drive into Atlanta early in the morning and beat all the traffic and get a workout in and for me because daycare is included in the membership fee.  I don't know why but I have been feeling torn about taking Hayden there.  I felt a little selfish I guess, but she LOVED it.  I thought she would cry when I dropped her off, but I told the woman running the daycare it was her first time and they had one lady who all the children love come take her from me.  As soon as she saw all the neat toys inside she didn't even look back!  When I came to pick her up I could tell she could hear my voice and was peaking out of the corner of her eye, but pretended to not hear me so she could keep playing. 

I'm so glad I can have some time to myself to workout and she also can enjoy her time away from me having fun with new people and new toys.  I was getting so tired of home workouts so this is just what I needed!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! The YMCA is awesome. My family has a membership so when I go home I get to go. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for taking time for yourself. My friend in Washington loves the YMCA. She was feeling a little guilty as well but no worries, her kids LOVE it. Oh and to answer your question, Scott is living in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the Y when we moved to Houston and I only had Drew. It was perfect for me - I could try lots of classes, not get bored, and I would even meet a friend there so Drew had other friends to play with. Sometimes he didn't like me leaving either, it's definitely the age Hayden is at but she'll get used to it eventually. There were days I could leave him and be fine and other days he would meltdown and we'd just go back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I belonged to the Y in Colorado Springs and loved it. They had a ton of classes and I could workout at any location. I hope y'all like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exercise is the only thing that is keeping me off of anti-depressants as I go through school. I actually looked up how much they cost to justify that my gym membership is cheaper, or just as expensive, but with much greater health benefits.

    ReplyDelete