Monday, February 7, 2011

Mystery Solved

So a little less than a year ago we realized we had misplaced our car remote starter.  We had this added to our pilot when we bought it because we had no garage in Cheyenne and it was freezing for 10 months of the year.  I may have lost it even earlier but did not realize it because it was summer.  Anyway, once we discovered it was gone, I searched the house high and low.  Went through every jacket pocket and pair of pants I could find and could never locate it.  I hoped we would discover it's whereabouts when we packed, but to no avail we did not.  We endured cold Indiana temperatures again without a garage and the cost of a replacement being over $100 for the remote starter I just kept putting it off hopeful we would find it.

Any of you who know Paul, also know his innate ability to misplace things.  After the remote starter went missing for so long I couldn't help but blame Paul.  After all, most things that went missing we eventually discovered had been lost by Paul.  Well, just this past Saturday when we were organizing the garage and hanging our bikes up, I went inside to get a jacket because I was a little chilly.  I got one that I don't wear much anymore because I was all dirty.  All of the sudden I felt something big in my pocket and reached inside only to discover our missing item!  I was so excited, but the the reality hit me that I had been blaming Paul for something I misplaced for months!  Oooops!  I apologized all day long and now I don't think I will ever be able to say he lost something.  I just can't believe I never checked or felt it in that jacket.  I seriously went through each jacket one by one several time.  Maybe Paul planted it...

Definitely not my best picture, but oh what a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray!!!! So glad that you found it! P.s. you always look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the exact same thing to Elise as far as blaming her for taking my masking tape. I knew she took it, but I didn't say anything and for a month she was at fault. Till I finally went to go clean out the car one day and found it buried in the back. I'm guilty also.

    ReplyDelete