Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Early Days With Beckett & Thanksgiving.

I was very fortunate to have lots of help after Beckett's arrival.  I don't know how moms do it without help!  Like I said, my mom arrived just hours before the delivery which ended up being perfect timing.  She stayed through Thanksgiving and until the following Wednesday.  She was a great help and cooked us dinners, cleaned up the kitchen numerous times, entertained my kids, got Hayden off to school each day.  She was a life saver!  She is also good at letting me be emotional and realizing that it will pass and to let me just cry.  Here is Hayden meeting Beckett for the first time before heading off for school.


Reid surprisingly also liked holding "baby" and did not like it when my mom tried to hold him for the first bit.  He was quite obsessed for the first few days after Beckett's arrival. Reid has been so good at adapting to having a baby around.  He just plays while I take care of him.  Reid is pretty picky about who he shares kisses with, but he freely gives them to Beckett on the head.



 The Housers were kind enough to have us over for Thanksgiving.  Thank goodness for family!  Otherwise we would have had a VERY simple Thanksgiving this year.  My mom made several pies for Thanksgiving as well as her yummy rolls!

This was the outfit that I had bought to bring Beckett home in, but it seemed weird to get him dressed in overalls at 1:30 am!  So we put him in it for Thanksgiving.  I couldn't get a picture with his eyes open!




Sebrina and Beckett on Thanksgiving 


Mia and Beckett


Poor Reid had tummy ache problems again from backed up bowels, so he was pretty low key on Thanksgiving


This is what Beckett did most of Thanksgiving day!


Overall it was a good day, I unfortunately never have much of an appetite right after I give birth, but it was still nice to get out and feel normal for a few hours!


Beckett was a champion sleeper from the very beginning.  I often had to wake him up to feed him because he was sleeping longer than 5 hours!!!  I only remember waking up every 3 hours about 2 nights since he was born.  He usually averaged about 6 hours at a time during the night.  He is a happy little guy and even started smiling way earlier than I remember my other two smiling.  He just can't help but smile when someone smiles at him.



The day after Thanksgiving I went back for me wellness check-up, everything looked good and we took a picture in front of Beckett's footprints 


Anne and Steve were so fun and sent us cupcakes and balloons to celebrate his safe arrival!  The kids were in heaven!




My mom loves to sing to new babies.  I think they like her tenor voice!



We decided to celebrate Reid's birthday a few days early with my mom.  Reid LOVED blowing out his candle and almost put his face in it he was so excited!  My mom got him a Black and Decker work bench and he has had so much fun with this gift, especially once we put the batteries in and made it the noisiest toy ever!


Saying goodbye is never easy.  Reid is slow to warm up to women and he had really finally warmed up the last few days she was here.



Thank you so much for flying to Omaha and helping us for over a week mom, don't know what we would have done without you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment