Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy 5th

Last Friday, June 3rd, Paul and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  It was a pretty normal day this year with Paul at work.  But once he got home we made yummy Rotel Tacos and then watched our wedding video with Hayden.  She loved watching the whole thing and we are so glad that we spent our money on good photos and a video to remember the special day.  How much life and everyone in it has changed since then...

After dinner we decided it would be fun to go back to the Marietta Diner (where we took my friends last week) and try out their famous desserts.  They did not disappoint.  Paul got Red Velvet Cake and I got a White Chocolate Raspberry Cake.  To see pictures of their amazing cakes go to:  http://www.mariettadiner.net/pages.php?PID=desserts

We each got a slice so we could taste each others and share with Hayden, but we did not realize the size of the slices!  I love dessert and usually always go for seconds when given the opportunity, but it took me 3 days to eat my slice!  It was huge.  Plus, Hayden did not help out one bit because all she wanted to do was eat the bread on the table.  Silly girl.  She was pointing at all the cakes and saying, "yummy" when we looked at them through the glass, but once ours came she wanted nothing to do with it. 

We are going to officially celebrate our 5th anniversary in a few weeks by visiting Savannah, Georgia.  We have been saving our credit card points for a long time now and finally have enough to stay a night and eat out :)

I'm grateful for the last 5 years I have been able to spend with Paul.  We have almost been married as many years as we dated now!  There have been many ups and downs, but there is no one I would rather share them with than Paul.  I love you!

2 comments:

  1. awe - I love seeing the wedding picture! reminds me of your beautiful day together! I remember you both being so happy and kissing A LOT!!! he he... you guys are made for one another. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete