Thursday, April 7, 2011

Again????

So I realize I post almost daily lately, but it is so therapeutic for me to write it out.  Hayden woke up earlier than normal, so I went in to change her diaper only to discover a rash all over her body.  She had a rash back in February that she got from her cousin Jett, but it was just a viral one.  So I wondered if it was that, but thought I better call her pediatrician.  So after talking to them I was told to bring her in yet again.  That's right, I'm averaging 2 appointments a week right now and it is getting a little old and expensive. 

The doctor examined her and it looks like Hayden is allergic to penicillin which they gave her for strep.  I guess it is normal that she took it for 8 days and just broke out with a rash.  I was told to stop the antibiotics as she has no signs of strep any longer and wait for the rash to go away.  She said the rash typically lasts 7-10 days.  If it doesn't go away, she gets a fever, or stops eating, I'm suppose to bring her back in again.  At least I don't have to pay for a new antibiotic :)

I know that life could be much much worse and I am a big Debbie Downer once again, but really?  Could things go right for a couple of weeks for us?  Could we actually keep a little bit of money in our savings account?  I feel really down today, so I've decided to make "brinner" tonight, that's breakfast for dinner.  That's got to cheer us all up right?

One side note, last week a lady in my ward taught me how to make these cute hair bows or rings for me.  It was so fun to learn and cheap!

2 comments:

  1. Aw Poor Hayden! Give her an extra kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH....I feel so bad for Hayden...and so bad for you having to go to the doctor so many times. I know you are feeling a bit warn down...but you are doing a great job! I think the brinner sounds like just the thing! :) I hope you enjoyed it! I also hope things settle down a little bit for you for at least a week! I'll call you this week...I need to talk with my good friend! :)

    ReplyDelete