Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tucker

This morning I left the house at the early time of 7:15 am to meet with the LDS Family Services Director to officially become a community resource.  My appointment was not until 9 am, but it was about 50 miles away and right during rush hour!!!  I bypassed the worst freeway 285, but it still took me a little over 1 1/2 hours to get to Tucker and only about 45 minutes to get home!

I really enjoyed meeting with the director and talking about therapy. It made me realize how much I do miss the whole therapy world.  One thing about going it alone in private practice is that I won't get the conversation with other colleagues which I really enjoy.

One great thing that came out of the meeting is that LDS Family Services often has trainings to get continuing education hours and I can also attend for free!!!  Also, he showed me a map of the areas where LDS therapists are located and there is literally no one in my area but me.  He kept saying what an ideal location I lived! 

I have gotten one phone call from a woman asking about my services for her son, so we'll see what happens.  It is starting to look a lot more real!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your practice. How exciting! I saw the picture of Hayden with her rash, so sad. I hope she is doing better. Poor thing. Abbey just got over the stomach flu. It's so hard to see your kids sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! I'm excited to see how things go. You'll be great! and you can always call me to chat about clients! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited for you! Though we would rather have you here, we know you will do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting. So are you working for LDS social services officially or are you just a resource. Just curious. Was Cameron on the map? He is who all the bishops have been using, but hes not officially working for them.

    ReplyDelete