Tuesday, April 5, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL

Both Paul and I only have one year left in our 20s! We both can't figure out where the last 10 years have gone...Yesterday was Paul's 29th birthday and we had a pretty good day.  Paul's company is in the process of interviewing potential candidates and they had an interview on his birthday.  The interviewee brought his wife along so they asked me to meet them there to keep her company while the interview was going on.  After, we all got to go out to lunch and I "accidentally" let it slip that it was Paul's birthday to his regional manager.  So he notified the staff who brought him a yummy birthday treat.  Hayden did have a melt down because she wanted her shoes off, but other than that she acted so great at lunch sitting on my lap (bc she won't sit in high chairs anymore, it's a booster seat or nothing!)

I prepared Paul's favorite meal, Turkey Bolognese and Hayden helped him open up presents.  We got him some new cologne, a WHITE t-shirt (because he always lets me know he only has one good white shirt), some workout shorts, a new pair of work pants, and knitting needles for making ebelskivers.  Paul was very indecisive about what kind of a cake he wanted, so I tried out something new: Paula Dean's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter Cakes and let me tell you, they were AMAZING!


Here is the recipe for anyone who loves chocolate:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/double-chocolate-gooey-butter-cakes-recipe/index.html




I completely forgot to get candles, so this was "28" with a meat thermometer that counted as 1 :)

I hope Paul had a good birthday!  Hayden and I had so much fun meeting with him for lunch and spending a quiet evening together.  I am so proud of Paul and how hard he is working at his new job.  He had a big presentation yesterday and the owner stopped him and asked him how long he had been working for BMH and when Paul said 7 months, the man said, "how in the world have you learned so much in only 7 months!"  This man teaches a class on the products Paul sales at a college and was so interested in how Paul has learned it all so quickly and wishes he could teach others how to do the same!  Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a WONDERFUL birthday and I am so glad! I am definitely going to have to try out that cake! :)
    And congrats Paul on learning so much about your job in such a short amount of time....that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear of Paul's success at work! Also way to be creative with the meat thermometer. That made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to Paul! He has a lot to show for 29 years and so many blessings including you and Hayden!!! :)

    ReplyDelete