Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The B.R.A.T Diet

Consisting of bananas, rice, applesauce and toast.  This has been all Hayden can eat because she has had terrible diarrhea and a very sore little tush (had bowel movements at night but did not wake up to let us know). It's the worst diaper rash she has ever had by far.  She won't sit down and walks with her legs as spread apart as possible.  Thank goodness my friend Brittney Curby told me about this way of eating because we are finally starting to see some improvement.   Poor Hayden has had it rough for the past couple of weeks: strep throat, allergic reaction to penicillin, bad cough, teething, and now diarrhea.  Don't worry in 2 days she gets to have surgery at 6:50 am. Hopefully this will make breathing easier for her.

I felt so bad leaving her all day yesterday, but Paul and I got the opportunity to volunteer at the Atlanta Temple Open House.  We collected booties at the end of the tour which was definitely not a glamorous job like tour guide, but it was still fun to be apart of the event.  People were so appreciative that I would bend over and take their booties off!  It was fun to spend the day with Paul.  I am excited to take Hayden through with my friend Susannah and her daughter Payton.  Hayden will probably not appreciate it like I want her to, but I still want her to be able to see it. 

3 comments:

  1. Poor Hayden! Hopefully she starts feeling better soon. Manti had that problem a couple of weeks ago and when he woke up from his nap, there was POOP ALL OVER! Not fun at all. Awesome Temple experience, I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she feels better soon. Sounds terible. I hate it when my kids are sick, or really hurt, or anything like that. Surgery doesn't sound fun either. Hope it goes well.

    I love temple open houses--so cool you are there for it!

    Also--love your new family picture on your header! So cute! Love the colors. ( =

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she is feeling better now after her surgery. Poor girl, and poor you! Its so hard to watch your baby go through so much pain.

    ReplyDelete