Thursday, September 16, 2010

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!

Dear Hayden,

Today is your 1st Birthday! I can't believe that I was in the hospital with you one year ago today. Before you were born, I was nervous about whether I would like being a mom and was talking to a friend about it. She told me her mom said that once she was in the car driving home from the hospital she simply could not picture life without her. We had a bit of a rocky start, but I can truly say now that life without you would seem so bleak. You have forced me to grow immensely and you have brought so much joy into my life. My favorite part of our day is when I come into your room in the morning. Thank you for always being so excited to see me and for giving me such good hugs and slobbery kisses. I love you so much and hope you like everything we have planned for your birthday.

Hayden,

There have been so many changes this past year but none compare to everything I've seen you do. You have grown from such a tiny, dependent little girl to a still tiny and much more independent version of yourself. By far my favorite thing is being able to come and get you after your naps to find you jumping in your crib! Your smile overcomes all of the monotony and stress that daily life can drum up. I miss being able to stay home with you, just you and me. You weren't always cooperative but you will never hear me complain. Most of all I want you to know how much I love you. Your Mom has given me an opportunity to be your Dad and friend. I know that both need to be earned and, just so you you know, you are more than worth the effort!

Happy Birthday!!!


Baby Hayden September 2009



Hayden September 2010


4 comments:

  1. Happy first birthday to Hayden!! Give her our love :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I cannot believe how much she has changed. I'm sad I didn't really get to witness much of it. Thank goodness you are a consistent blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Hayden. You are such a blessing to Grandpa Steve and Grandma Anne. You are sweet and spunky and I hope you can be as precocious as your daddy was, he deserves it!!!!! Love you sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your notes to Hayden made me cry! What wonderful parents you two are. Hayden is very lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete