Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lunch Date

This afternoon I got to meet up with a friend from my past. Liz was my freshman year RA. So I had not seen her since 2002. After I wrote on facebook that our new home was Carmel, IN she sent me a message saying she lived 5 minutes from me. We met at Panera for lunch and I really had a great time. Hayden loved her and just had fun interacting with someone besides me! You know those people that you haven't seen for years, but then you get together and it's like no time has past at all? She's one of those people. We had a great conversation and it was greatly needed as I have not had good adult conversation with anyone other than Paul in a long time. I am excited to meet her boyfriend Phil and get to know her better while we are here. Today is a much better day!

On a funny note, I picked up balloons for Hayden's birthday tomorrow and they kept floating to the center of the car. So I would groan and swat them away so I could see the cars behind me. Hayden thought this was absolutely hilarious, so I kept on doing it. I have never heard her laugh so hard ever!

2 comments:

  1. Driving with balloons in the car is so obnoxious. I will never forget when I had 20 balloons in the Saturn and I couldn't see anything to the side or behind me. It was actually scary. Good thing I was in Cedar City when this happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine!
    I am so glad you have a friend close by! That is always fun to meet up with a good friend that you haven't seen in ahwile.
    As for the balloons...I love when little kids laugh....it brings a smile to my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete