Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kind Act

The past 3 weeks have been exciting, but at the same time kind of lonely. I chit-chat with adults when I run errands, but other than that it's me and Hayden alone all day. Everyone works during the day at our apartment complex so that's out. I've really tried to get to know people at church, but it seems like everyone has a lot of kids and when they find I only have Hayden I am no longer an option for them. Maybe that's just in my head, but it just seems like they think they are at a completely different life stage than I am. Anyway, there is always one woman who talks to me and she is definitely different. She is even kind of strange with Hayden. But I can tell she is trying. I guess I shouldn't be the judgmental when I'm the one without any friends. Well this morning I here a knock at the door. Hayden was pretty shocked because we never get knocks at the door. I answered it tentatively and to my surprise it was her! She said she called the bishop to get my address, but he didn't give her the apartment number and so she found Paul's number and called him to find the right one. In her hands she carried a couple pieces of pie. How very thoughtful. Here I don't think she is my kind of friend material yet she is the only one who has been so kind to me. She stayed and talked for a bit, but had a busy day of nursing school to get back to. Hayden beamed from head to toe at having company and showed her all her new tricks. She took a few minutes out of her day, but it meant the world to me. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thoughtful woman. It is an answer to what I have been praying for for you. Maybe you could pay it forward and drop by something to another woman in the ward that has children. Not expecting to stay, but letting them know you are thinking about them. I love you Kristine and know that this six months will be something that you will look back on and will find joy in your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine I have an idea of how it feels to be taken away from all these relationships you develop and have really nothing. I'm glad you had a thoughtful woman nearby that stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! What a nice lady! Have you looked in to The Mom's Club in your area? That might help you find some other young mother's there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a kind gesture. I love people that go out of their way to brighten somebody's day. I am so glad that she came over....and I'm sure you were a bright spot in her day as well! :)

    ReplyDelete