Saturday, September 18, 2010

What I Can Do...

Here is Hayden's one year update

Loves...
1) flushing the toilet and opening the lid
2) reading books, her favorite is an animal peek-a-boo flip tab and her first animal book
3)playing with her eyelashes
4) picking at my moles, I swear one day she is going to tear one off!
5) playing patty cake and peek-a-boo
6) squeezing the back of my arms when we are walking together
7) having her back scratched by people or inanimate objects (She reminds me of Mowgli the bear from Jungle Book. She leans back on something and scratches away)
8) holding leaves only by the stem in her hands when we go on walks or runs (I once gave her a leaf without a stem and she looked at me like, "this is not acceptable!")
9) to lay on her back while we hold her feet and do sit-ups (She is seriously strong!)
10) climb in cupboards and hide
11) black people (She gives them the best smiles and stares, she gets so excited)

Hayden will now...
1) drink whole milk at dinner time from a sippy cup
2) eat eggs, cheerios, goldfish, applesauce, yogurt, rice, non cooked carrots, ice cream, and small bites of some of our food
3) often try a new food a couple of times and then reject it later on (oatmeal)
4) stand on her own and take a few steps but then crawl
5) crawl normal because we have carpet (every once in a while she will go back to her scoot, but not often)
6) dance anytime music comes on
7) roll balls to us back and forth
8) throw temper tantrums and hit herself in the head when we take things away (this one worries me a lot!)
9) go to sleep at night without crying at all

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all are adjusting to the new place!!!! and I hope hayden had a great birthday! All the fun things that they can get into when they are that age... looks like she's got a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It's great to see her growing up and all the stages she's going through, even if it is through the Internet :-). I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete