Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Paul's 1st day of work




Paul's first day of work at Bastian Material Handling was on August 30th. I had planned to wake up when he was showering and make him a special breakfast, but that didn't happen. He went to the gym, came home, showered and I didn't even hear him. He woke me up to say goodbye, so I was sad I did not make it more special for him. But this is a picture of him with his new company laptop after work. I found a Marshals out here and got him a fun shirt and wrote him a card to congratulate him when he got home from work. He felt pretty overwhelmed by all the new terminology his first day, but by the second day he was already feeling a little more comfortable. It is so weird seeing him go to work in "normal" clothes instead of his flight suit. That will definitely take some time to get used to. Also I am use to him either being gone on alert for over 24 hours or home, so this 8-5 is all new to me too.

2 comments:

  1. Well Kristine....the breakfast thing was a nice thought! :) And Paul...best of luck with this new job! I bet you're going to get the hang of things sooner than you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I seriously cracked up reading your best intentions on doing breakfast and then not even hearing Paul leave. So true when you have such a good idea that doesn't exactly come to fruition. But I love that you bought him a new shirt - so cute!
    As far as Indianapolis, we drove through there on the way to WI last summer and did the Indi 500 tour - SO worth it! It is cheap and yet very cool to board the bus and go around the track as they tell you interesting information. And I am totally NOT a race car fan. But I think you and Paul would like it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete