Friday, September 24, 2010

Walking

Hayden's first official steps were on August 25th, but she hasn't done much with it since.  Well yesterday she finally kicked it up a notch and has been getting a little braver.  I took her to story time at our library and had a great time.  They have one for each age group which was perfect for Hayden.  At the end they let the kids play in hundreds of bubbles that come out of a bubble machine.  Hayden was so excited that she let go of me and just stood on her own and started walking!  We practiced throughout the day and when dad got home all she wanted to do was walk to dad.  I would try and get her to walk to me, but she would just hug daddy closer (I think I traumatized her trying to get her to take a nap!)

We did not get the best video because Paul was holding it and she kept walking to him but here's what we got. I love her breathing in the video, too funny.  Also she's naked because she woke up from her nap and some poop had escaped her diaper!


Here is a fun game to play with babies that I learned at the library:

Tony Chestnut knows I love you. (point to toe, knee, chest and nut=head, nose while saying words)
Tony knows; Tony knows. (continue to point for all versus)
Tony Chestnut knows I love you.
That's what Tony knows. 

I was a little slow at first, I kept thinking "who is Tony Chestnut?"

3 comments:

  1. So cute! She looks so proud. Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!! How cute is she!! I was laughing about good ol' Tony Chestnut! I kept thinking nut=head, how does nut stand for head. Anyway thinking way too much into it!! Miss and love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little walker! So determined! :) And yes, I think you probably did traumatize her with the nap! (just kidding!) I love you Kristine!

    ReplyDelete